What to Bring to your Tax Appointment
- Copy of last year's tax return (for new clients).
- W-2s and 1099s
- Social Security Income
- Interest or Dividend Income
- Stock Sale Info
Stock Sale Info includes: the date you sold the stock and the sale price (this information should be on the 1099-B form you received from the financial institution). In addition, you will need to tell me the date you purchased the stock and how much you paid for it.
- Child / Dependent care expenses and provider information (name, address, federal ID or social security number and telephone number)
If you have your own business:
- Total income for the year
- Totals of expenses incurred in the year (ie. Advertising, supplies, insurance, meals, etc)
- Either actual auto expense totals (ie. Gas, oil change, repairs, tires) OR mileage figures for the year (total driven, business portion, commuting portion)
- Year, make and model of auto(s)
- Parking and toll expense
- Internet fees, and any phone lines except for your first one, including cell.
- If you use part of your home for business: total sq. ft. of house, sq ft of business portion. Also rent paid, utilities, repairs, etc paid in the year.